Mountain States Legal Foundation is searching for a dedicated individual with exceptional attention to detail and strong writing skills to assist our organization’s development team in creating and implementing strategies that ensure sustainability and organizational growth.
The ideal candidate for this role will assist in streamlining development processes, overseeing our foundations grants program, strengthening relationships with clients and donors, researching and identifying funding opportunities, and promoting the organization’s mission and values to external stakeholders.
This position works closely with the Legal and Communications teams to stay knowledgeable on active cases and ensure the Development team is producing materials that reflect the current status of cases to our supporters.
This position reports to the Director of Development.
- Work with the Director of Development to create and distribute annual fundraising proposals and house file mail packages
- Oversee the organization’s foundation grant submission process and adhere to deadlines. This includes writing grant applications.
- Create and send contribution pledge invoices
- Assist with the annual budget process
- Donor research and prospecting
- Database Administrator (create mailing lists, donor queries and reports, email campaigns, etc.)
- Donor thank you calls
- Assist in special event planning
- Assemble donor packets (proposals, foundation, general information)
- Work with the promotional vendor for ordering awards and plaques
- Front office coverage as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3 years of experience demonstrating strong writing and editing skills, overall organization and time management skills, and deep attention to detail
- Demonstrates initiative and actively seeks out ways to improve practice
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience with donor databases and tracking systems (knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus)
- Working knowledge of M/S Suite, SharePoint, and OneDrive
- Must be reliable and have a strong work ethic
- We are a small shop, and on occasion, there might be additional tasks assigned that are indirectly related to development
Compensation will be based on experience and will be competitive within MSLF’s sector and region. The compensation package, among other benefits, includes health and dental benefits, paid time off, and a retirement plan.
Mountain States Legal Foundation is a nonprofit, public interest legal foundation, focused on defending the Constitution, protecting property rights, and advancing economic liberty. From our headquarters in Colorado, we litigate crucial cases in the Mountain West and beyond—at zero cost to our clients—all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing:
- your salary requirements
- why you are interested in the position and MSLF’s mission
- how your experience and background will ensure success
- your interest in relocating to the Denver metro area if you don’t already live there
- References are appreciated but not required at this stage
Please submit applications to Talent Market via this link:
Please direct questions to Katelynn Barbosa, Talent Engagement Manager, Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org