Mountain States Legal Foundation seeks an entry level general litigation attorney for immediate hire. MSLF is a nonprofit, public interest legal foundation dedicated to individual liberty, the right to own and use property, limited and ethical government, and the free enterprise system. Key to our work is the legal staff that advances our mission and principles in courts within the Mountain States and throughout the nation. We are a small team of dedicated professionals. As such, our attorneys are a critical part of MSLF’s team and should possess the passion, commitment, and strategic vision needed to drive our mission to new heights.
This attorney will support the rest of the legal team in a generalist capacity, assisting in complex litigation in a wide variety of areas ranging from natural rights and constitutional liberties to natural resource law. The attorney will also assist in vetting potential new cases. The attorney may be able to specialize in a particular field once more experience is gained. Responsibilities include significant factual and legal research and writing, motion practice, and appellate advocacy.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Licensed to practice law in Colorado or eligible to waive into the Colorado bar. Will also consider recent graduates awaiting bar exam results.
- An enthusiastic team player.
- Preference for clerkship, journal, mock trial and/or moot court experience.
- Prior experience in litigation a plus.
- Passion for MSLF’s mission: a deep interest in protecting the right to own and use property, limited and ethical government, individual liberty, and the free enterprise system.
Salary commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes health and dental benefits, vacation and sick days, a retirement plan, plus more.