Mountain States Legal Foundation seeks a supervisory attorney with significant ESA, NEPA, FLPMA, and other natural resources administrative law/litigation experience. MSLF is a nonprofit, public interest legal foundation dedicated to individual liberty, the right to own and use property, limited and ethical government, and the free enterprise system. Key to our work is the legal staff that advances our principles in courts and administrative forums. To be part of our small team of dedicated professionals, attorneys should possess the energy, optimism, passion, versatility, and vision needed to drive our mission.
This attorney will litigate natural resources cases from the filing of a complaint or petition through oral argument and appeal. Further, the supervising attorney assists the General Counsel in overseeing and mentoring less-experienced litigators and paralegals. Other responsibilities include communicating MSLF objectives and cases to donors, the media, and others.
- 8-12 years of legal experience with a focus on ESA, NEPA, FLPMA and other environmental land use law.
- Significant litigation experience before administrative agencies and in federal courts.
- Licensed to practice law in Colorado or eligible to waive into the Colorado bar.
- Ability to clearly and positively communicate with an array of audiences.
- Team leader and mentor.
- Passion for MSLF’s mission: a deep interest in protecting individual liberty, the right to own and use property, limited and ethical government, and the free enterprise system.
Salary range commensurate with experience. MSLF’s compensation package includes generous health and dental benefits, vacation and sick days, a retirement plan, plus more.